Monday, July 25, 2005

A Step of Faith

For the last several years I have been working in various sales type positions but in my previous life I was a pastor. After a very painful parting at my last church I have spent several years doing other stuff. God has dropped an opportunity into my lap to consider a ministry position again. This is a scary place to be at.

The last time I worked for "church people" they hurt me - more importantly they hurt my wife and family. Part of me is so afraid - and yet I know the joy that ministry brings. The passion when I'm leading worship or teaching, the thrill of digging into God's word with people and seeing them respond is so awesome.

The question for me is "What voice will I listen to?" Will I listen to the voice of doubt and hurt or will I let God heal that past hurt and listen to His guidance in this process.

Father - give me your peace and let your will be clear.

Your Servant

No comments: